Monday, November 23, 2015

A Week in Rome

Just returned from Assisi after a week long retreat. It was a refreshing and renewing experience. I left Brussels before all the tension.  I understand that the metro system (rail and bus) were shut down.  I was shocked to see armed military personnel at both the lower, upper Basilica of St. Francis and at Our Lady of Angels. While I was shocked to see armed solders in the "City of Peace" others in my group were relieved. It all depends upon your perspective, I guess.

I will spend a week in Rome catching my breath after a long three months. I hope to spend a day at the Vatican Museum. The US State Department has advised US citizens to avoid St. Peter Square. The friars reported to me today that the numbers are as large as the always are but the lines into the Basilica move slowly.  I may venture there tomorrow.   Pace y Bene   OED


1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear where and what is going on. I really don't like to hear terrorism has made it to the Vatacin but all places in our world lives a little different now. Praying their threats will not come to the light. Enjoy the Vatican Museum, keep us posted with your travel. God bless you in everyway. Peace and joy always

    ReplyDelete