Thursday, March 31, 2016

Meet Jack

This is Jack.  He is one of three dogs that "guard" the compound at night.  If you call licking and jumping and playing guarding.  He is young, still under a year., The other two shown below are brother and sister and are about three to four months younger then Jack.  The other two are very shy. (Those who know me know my history with shy dogs.) Jack is very friendly and out going and smart as a whip.  I have begun to train him in the basics, like 'sit', 'down' and the biggie 'NO'. Within a weeks time he was trained on the leash! I called him Jack (and by the way animals in Uganda are to serve a purpose and usually are not named.) Jack is a hound and looks a lot like a Pharaoh Hound; stand up pointy ears sleek nose long racer-like body. Check it out and let me know what you think he is?  So why 'Jack'?  when I first saw the three I thought that they were Jack Russel Terriers but as they got older they grew too big to be JRT's. But the idea stuck. So this one is Jack, the other all tan (male) dog is Russell and the multicolored female is Terry.  Get it? The other male and female are still warming up to me, especially when I come with treats. The stores here actually sell Pedigree dog treats which they love. Their kennel is just behind my bedroom window so I get to hear their antics all day and sometimes in the night. A loud yell out the window quiets things down.
I enjoy having them around especially since there is a novice whose job it is to clean their kennel and feed them.  Below is the picture of "the kids". I hope that the joy that came to you on Easter Sunday continues throughout the whole of the Easter Season. Peace and all good.  ODE  tim
Left to Right Jack, Terry and Russell

1 comment:

  1. They are looking for all your love. I'm kinda partial to Terry. Love the colors. Prayers for Bri on Monday April 4th. Day of her surgery.,love you lots.

    ReplyDelete